Presentations MUST be received by Monday, September 18 at midnight. Presentations will not be accepted at any time during the symposium.
Click here to submit your presentation before midnight on Monday, September 18.
Click here to submit your poster before midnight on Monday, September 18.
Conference sessions will feature paper presentations, panel discussions, and Q&A opportunities around the following higher education makerspace topics.
- Community and Industry
- Defining Success: Metrics, Data Collection, & Impact
- Funding Models, Revenue Streams & Sustainability
- Makerspace Mission, Vision, Goals & Core Values
- Management & Staffing Models
- Navigating Policies and Politics to Promote Campus Collaborations
- Role of Libraries in Promoting Academic Making
- Space Design, Workflow, Equipment, and Safety & OSHA Regulations
- Spaces for Industrial Design, Art, Architecture, Jewelry, and Fashion
- Supporting and Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Training, Documentation and Competency Certification
- User Engagement, Programming and Controlling Access
|June 9, 2017||Paper abstract submissions due by midnight. Extended deadline.|
|June 30, 2017||Invitations to submit first drafts issued to authors.|
|July 17, 2017||Paper first drafts due by midnight.|
|July 24, 2017||Symposium registration for authors due by midnight.|
|August 4, 2017||Revision requests for final drafts issued to authors.|
|August 14, 2017||Video proposals due to ISAMfirstname.lastname@example.org.|
|August 14, 2017||Paper final drafts due by midnight.|
|August 18, 2017||Video invitations issued.|
|August 25, 2017||Presentation information, date, and times issued to authors.|
|September 11, 2017||Final videos due.|
|September 15, 2017||Registration closes.|
|September 18, 2017||Presentations due.|
|September 24, 2017||ISAM 2017 begins.|